Monday, September 17, 2007

The Magic Number ... 3

As I started out on my long run yesterday, I suddenly (and inexplicably) thought of the expression "everything happens in threes". Because my mind has a tendency to wander as I run, I decided to let it. And here's what I came up with:
  • Philipp and I were invited to a birthday party Saturday night. I was a lot of fun, with great food and wine, but we got home at three o'clock in the morning. Uugh ... I'm too old for this!
  • While running through town, I saw George Clooney three times. You may have seen the Nespresso coffee maker commercials he's done? Well, this week, there have been large print ads of him all over Angers. They always make me smile as I go by ...
  • Sunday was my last long training run. I ran to the Lac de Maine, around three times, and then back home. I'll be in Berlin on September 30, and it will be my third marathon. I'm definitely getting excited! (I'm also excited that yesterday's 18-miler was my last long distance before the big day!)
  • As of yesterday afternoon, Philipp and I have three vehicles! I finally have my SMART car back! It had been sick for a while, but is all fixed now. Yeah! Also, Philipp bought a new (to him) truck last week, which will be very useful for his upcoming castle renovation. It's bright yellow ... very easy to spot as he drives through town!
  • On Friday, I started my third job! I've been work for the Chamber of Commerce and Ecolangues since the end of May, but this week I started at one of the universities here in Angers. I'll have to write another post soon, to tell more about my jobs.

Hmm ... what else??? That's it for now, I guess. Sorry I have no photos this time. I'll try to do better next time. :)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Good luck tomorrow!!!