Thursday, March 19, 2009

Forgive me

I've been a bad blogger. Again. Leaving my readers for more than a month ... without a word ... wondering where I am and what I'm doing ...

OK, I know there are only a handful of people who read my blog, and I know that not having any new posts to read for a while hasn't exactly left you heartbroken. But I do feel a sense of responsibility to you, and have felt bad recently, knowing that I'm letting you down.

So here's a little catch-you-up:
  • The first couple weeks of February were exciting, getting ready for our upcoming vacation to the States. There always seems to be a lot to get done just before leaving town. (or country)
  • We had an uneventful trip, but for fun (and economics) we decided to leave from London instead of Paris. The airline tickets were half the price, and the train to London (via Paris) was actually less expensive than the train to Paris!
  • We flew into Charleston, and my Mom and Dad drove down from Cincinnati to join us. We rented a house on Folly Beach, and although the weather was a bit cooler than usual, we had beautiful sunshine all but one day.
  • This was the opportunity to see my parents and to show them our future hometown. They enjoyed it ... the architecture and landscapes, the friendly people ... all the reasons Philipp and I are so eager to move there!
  • I also had a few job interviews, and am happy to have made a few contacts there. It's still too early to know what openings will be available, but I've at least got my foot in the door.
  • Once we arrived back in Angers, we had a couple busy weeks of getting settled in the castle, house guests, a weekend by the sea ...

So there's a glimpse at what we've been up to lately. And now, we're quickly approaching the end of our time in France. It's hard to believe! But I promise to add some more blog entries before it's time to go.

No comments: