Tuesday, December 9, 2008

catching up: THANKSGIVING

I have good news and bad news:

THE BAD NEWS - my digital camera seems to think that 4.5 years is a good long time to work, and it's now time to go into retirement (a.k.a. ... my camera's dead)

THE GOOD NEWS - I've been lucky enough to get other people to take pictures for me, or lend me their camera, and now I can finally play catch-up on the events of the past couple weeks.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Happy Thanksgiving!

Maybe it's a slight case of homesickness, or maybe it was an excuse to host a dinner party. Whatever our motives, Philipp and I decided to invite his parents, sister and Dad's cousin to our house for Thanksgiving Dinner. They'd experienced a traditional Thanksgiving meal at my parents' house last year (a few weeks early, but just as delicious as always!) This was the first time I cooked Thanksgiving Dinner all on my own. I think it was a success, if I do say so myself.

Philipp and I had a discussion several days before Thanksgiving about the menu. My parents had sent me my Mom's fabulous stuffing recipe that she's used forever, so I was excited to make it (my favorite part of the meal!) and cook a chicken, as it's hard to find a turkey in France. Philipp wanted me to make my "famous" Fruit and Nut Fish, because it's something different and he wanted them to taste it. I told him that you cannot have Fruit and Nut Fish on Thanksgiving ... but as a compromise, I made it as the first course.

first course: Fruit and Nut Fish


main course: Baked Chicken, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes

French "musts": salad and cheese course
dessert: Pecan Pie

No comments: